Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Star

I have both coffee and Prozac this morning. What could go wrong? And, AND, a therapy session today...life is good.

I went to see Toni Morrison last night speak at Virginia Tech, a land grant university in Blacksburg, Virginia. A Nobel prize winning author, etc. etc.

OMG! OMG! OMG! I was so pumped! It was someone saying to me, "I've got tickets to meet Shakespeare. Wanna go?" Oh, and Maya Angelou came in by satellite and Nikki Giovanni was there, the trifecta of writers in America today. As well as many other authors and poets, who read portions of Ms. Morrison's work for the main event of the evening. Now, that doesn't top Toni reading her own work for an hour, but when she came out at the end, to address the crowd, she was in a wheelchair, and older than I would've guessed...I didn't know legends got old...

If you can't manage to read any other of her works, you have to read Beloved. She won the Nobel for that one. It was a magical evening.

The dog is already outside, and the unicorn meat eating cats are begging, but if I open their window, they will sit pensively, in the warmth of the room, looking outside until it warms up. Not going to happen.

And me? I am finally settling down after the emotional roller coaster called a High School reunion. Yeah, it was great, wouldn't have missed it for the world. Wanna get on that emotional backlash again, for a week after? Don't think so...

And I am on the third book of the Merlin series by Mary Stewart. With the weather outside, it is easier and easier to believe that I am in 5th century Britain...all that cold and mist, don't you know.





No comments:

Post a Comment