Wednesday, October 3, 2012

From Sleepy Hollow

Today I get to see my old therapist in his new, natural habitat. He was transferred last week to his new facility, and they have given him a week to adjust to the environment change. In the wild, my therapist burns incense, and it will be interesting to see if his new handlers 'go' for this. They will probably give him extra food, to soothe the transition, and the other therapists will be observed while they give him a small reception.


This is the weather and season to read anything by Washington Irving, the brilliant author of "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" and "Rip Van Winkle." There is nothing like reading about New York City, when it was "a village on the tip of the island of Manhattan." And the Dutch legends and larders he goes on about, at harvest time! Nothing is more Halloween except Harry Potter.

Halloween is my favorite holiday, especially now that I live in the city and can give candy away. The Good Neighbor cooks two massive cauldrons of food, one of red chili, and one of white; and we eat and watch the costumes trip up to the gate, while their parents whisper "Trick or treat" from the end of the sidewalk. Last year, I dressed as a wicked witch. I was an actor in a haunted house too, but the wig about killed me with itching, and I thought I would never get the make-up off.

So enjoy the turn of the seasons with me and start thinking about what you want to be for Halloween...

No comments:

Post a Comment