Saturday, December 5, 2015

Sandy Hook

I am the destroyer of worlds. Bhagavad Gita.

Sometimes, when I listen to NPR in the morning, it's too much, so I listen to music. I eat, dance in my living room to K92, and enjoy myself. After all that excitement, I am ready to walk Max, the dog. The light filters into the room of the apartment like new leaves in spring.

I always plant flowers where I go. If I can, and I cannot in this apt. I paint the floors a new green.

The problem with me is: I can't listen to music and write at the same time. Too much for this artist brain to handle.

And I think of all this...and what to press in the hand of the father that I love, when he is dressed, in his very best.

.................................................................................................................................................................

Scent of Smoke

stand waist deep.
the grass moves
slow over plains. my
thoughts move with
you. Always.
I turn to see you.
the fire is coming.

We should have listened.

Shema, Shema.

No comments:

Post a Comment