Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Draft

Although hurricane Sandy has hit us...it is turning out to be somewhat of a terrible draft at the windows, instead of the frankenstorm, for us, at least.

My current, mistaken obsession, about a relationship with a friend, is coming to a close. It has been a trial of compulsive, delusional thinking that has me pinned to the ground, with my breath puffing up dust and the sweat from my brow plinking into the dirt beneath me...

This obsession, a manifestation of my disorders, wants nothing more than for me to withdraw into my own little universe, which is centered somewhere around my navel, and give up contact with the outside world forever. That includes writing this blog. That's why I have written such short, erratic blogs lately. It is all I can do to force myself to the keyboard every morning. And sometimes I can't accomplish that...

But this morning, there is a small light at the end of the tunnel; and I can feel a slight draft against my cheek, more than seeing any light. And there is nothing like the warmth driven by the sound of a purr to heat my blood on this cold morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment