Sunday, January 26, 2014

Appeal

I write at night time, tonight. I watch the navy blue sky, and the lights of the cars as they stroll down our clean American streets. I see their red tail lights move away from me. I hear a boy shove another boy, in the parking lot of the 7-11 store, next door. The taller one, the bully, smokes. I can see that he is too young to smoke. Sometimes voices come through the walls, from across the street. They are always the voices of men.

I take comfort from my dog, Max, today. It has been a lonely day, as I get used to the new apartment. I am used to entertaining myself. I am exceptional at being alone. But I do get lonely. Especially, like today, when I am melancholy.

I feel too much, now that I am off of my mood stabilizer. Numb, or topsy turvey? Why can't I make up my mind?

My dog snores, and the sound is very comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment