Saturday, January 18, 2014

Skyfalls

Happy A.A. Milne's birthday to you all!!! I love Winnie the Pooh, and as a child, I picked my character as Piglet. What character were you?

It's late, and I haven't had breakfast yet, or medications. I have consumed almost an entire pot of coffee...good coffee, Tanzania Peaberry. I bought 2 movies last night, "Flight" with Denzel Washington, and "Skyfall" the latest James Bond thriller. I love Daniel Craig.

Right now, my stomach is on fire from the mood stabilizer that I take at night time. It's the big reason I will not take them anymore. But, eventually, some crisis will occur and I will be forced to try another. Add to that, the problem that I am, at an inevitable pace, becoming geriatric. I don't know if you know, but most medications, such as psychiatric medications, are developed for people of a certain age range. There are NO psych meds developed specifically for older people. Something to think about.

The cats have been insane all night, but I have turned the temperature up now, and they sleep. it is a beautiful day, but very cold. The sunlight is all that I can ask for, and the cats are amused at the birds outside their windows hardy enough not to have flown south.

The Christmas tree is still lit. I have seen one other tree, in Roanoke, that is also still lit at night, and I feel a warm kinship with the owner, although I have never met them. I have some Christmas gifts that don't fit quite right, and I may venture out into the sun, today, to exchange them. I don't know. Maybe the cold will convince me otherwise. After all, what can beat a day under the quilt with a dog's warmth, watching James Bond?

No comments:

Post a Comment