Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Dark Side of the Moon Cold

It's cold in Roanoke, today. I heard that Atlanta is colder than Moscow this morning, and I believe it. I did manage to walk the dog, but am holding off on taking a shower. Living in an older building, the gas furnace can't quite keep up with the windows out of square.

I did buy an electric blanket last night, in a fit of desperation. Although overpriced, it was well worth it, the cats informed me this morning. It is a beautiful day, but the temperature is not above 10F yet, with a wind advisory all day today. The hardest part about walking Max was the prickly sensation of my nose hairs freezing solid.

Meanwhile, the cats have taken up the occupation of staring out of the windows on a regular basis. It's something they have not been able to do for 3 years now. And Max? In his spare time, he cuddles under a blanket.

My partner in love went to work this morning at 3 a.m. It must have been stunningly cold, but he did live, I don't know how. And me? I don't feel like drinking, but do feel the need for an AA meeting today. It's a restlessness of spirit that tells me so. A feeling that not all is quite right in the world. A wobble in the orbit, as Douglas Adams said.

I sleep quite late nowadays, and I am happy to do so. Keep warm, dear heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment