Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Hiatus

Three crows called to Max and I, on our morning walk. I have missed you all.

I don't really know what to tell you. I won't try to write a synopsis of my disease induced illnesses. Suffice it to say, I was confined for a while in my own mind, to the point that I couldn't even take care of Max. I have missed the trees, and the field. I have missed the company of my own kind, and that of my babies. I have missed writing, as you can tell.

I made it through with the help of my 12 Step program, the love of my friends, and the loving kindness of the man who loves me, and whom I love.

The sun shines today, and I am hopeful of an early Spring.

I suppose that I have not been writing as well, because I feel a bit lost in this unfamiliar landscape of the city. The line of traffic, and the comings and goings at the store next door are endlessly fascinating, but not something I am used to finding inspiration from.

But what am I talking about? Simply that, after all the upheaval of the past couple of months, at least one unicorn meat eating cat still manages to weasel their way onto or under or beside the laptop whenever it is open. They love the tall, broad windows of the old house that I live in. They too, are spellbound by the traffic...the birds as they rest on the electric wires outside. They chitter, they chomp, they race room to room for the sunniest spots.

They love the electric blanket, and pine when I turn it off every morning. They settle under the Christmas tree, still up, and gaze at the lights.

I have a long way to go, but at least I got this post written. I am excited about the future, and the future of this blog. I love you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment