Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Hunt

It's been two whole days and I missed you so much!!!

I am coming out of mania and a morning's dose of borderline paranoia (yesterday). I was fortunate this time, it was a  pretty mild attack. A conversation with my psychiatrist on Friday was unsatisfying; he wants me to take Depakote, and I won't. It's a very effective mood stabilizer that adds weight, on me at least, by leaps and bounds. I just haven't made it to the point where I can easily choose to weigh 200+ U.S. pounds. It's only when I am at the edge that I mentally agree with the proposition, and by then it's too late.

I got out and enjoyed myself this weekend. Breakfast with a friend on Friday, and a festival yesterday. It's been a positive whirlwind for this little recluse...

I spent most of the day yesterday at a local festival called "Olde Salem Days." Simply put, they close the downtown area of the adjoining town and invite artists and artisans to set up shop on the street. I have never been, and after walking the length and breadth of the festival street, just to say I have done it, I retired to the shop of the Saucy Brit, where my friend Exponential was working. Saucy and her husband promptly took me out to lunch.

I do like being around a lot of people all at once, as I am a people watcher. And since the Saucy Brit and her husband Tom Cat, are both intelligent and well spoken, as well as being kind, the lunch was truly a delight.

We sat in an enclosed garden, separated from the crowd by a cool, leafy barrier. There was a pleasant murmuring coming from the street and the scents of various festival foods drifted with the wind. An hour of shopping had filled my eyes with glitter and wood tones and flashing color until they could hold no more. And so, stuffed with sight and sound and good food, Saucy and Tom Cat propped me up at the shuttle, and bid me adieu. I promptly came home and took a nap, which is as it should be. All the best festivals end that way...

A light dinner and waking to a cool morning have been the best medicine.  Life doesn't get any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment