Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Ordinarily Every Day

I would be waking to a clean apartment, but the floor is strewn with trash from the kitten playing, and goings-on. A large piece of cellophane crackles underfoot if I get off on the wrong side of the bed. On the right side of the bed, lie the remnants of the cardboard tube, that was a kitten toy. The dog, Max, loves the kitten toys, and methodically destroys them, all in good fun.

I picked up the kitten's collation of candy wrappers the other day. I don't know where she gets them. Someone around here is eating Mounds and Milky Ways, and then throws the wrappers on the floor for Pancake to play with. She learns to be grown up cat, by sleeping in the right spots, eating from the right spots, and pooping in the right spots. Using her own litterbox has been a last resort for quite a while.





I only have the one kitten, Pancake, now, of course. She is a mighty whirlwind in a sea of barley, as this Scot says.

My life is everyday, today. I am profoundly grateful for that, too. I will take a shower, my meds, eat some breakfast, and then clean. I haul the kitchen trashcan from room to room, and rake the floor. Subtleties, like vacuuming, are out of reach. The walls are clean, thank goodness, and the ceiling, for the most part.

This year, once again, I will start on my paint project, which has turned into the eternal project. I might pick a color for one wall of the living room. Teal, I think.

The pool cleaning is already begun, as you know. I participate in it with some interest in being able to swim this year, which is a good change. My motivation to clean the pool hangs around my ankles when I know I am not going to swim.

And, in a semi-annual rite, I will get my hair cut today. Pictures will be posted on Fbook later. Unless it's very bad.

Pancake plays cute, by sleeping. The dog sleeps and dremas as well. I feel some baklawa calling me...

No comments:

Post a Comment