Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My Twisted Little Day

I am proud to have socialized this cat.

This is Pancake, yesterday. I know, I promised to write again about noon, but was sleeping. Something about the past week caught up with me yesterday, and my body collapsed in a minor way. One nap, a good deal of crying and a visit to Angels of Assisi to formalize the adoption later, and I can say I have had a good night's rest.

I can visit her whenever I like, and she will be visiting me with her new mother, after they bond. Today, I am so very lucky to have had all the kittens adopted, and my heart is very, very full.

Now, onto the stuff. I talked to someone else on Abilify, and she is eating day and night. Especially night. See? It only takes one other person to confirm that it isn't just me, it is the medication, to make me feel normal again. I thought that nighttime eating was an hormonal response, or emotional eating, or whatever that makes me, me. But no, it's the medication. Thank HP.

Now, I can take my little anti-Evil pills, and go about my twisted little day, safe and secure in the knowledge that it's not me: it's the medication. What every person with mental illnesses wants to hear: it's not You. It's the medication. THIS, Ladies and Gentlemen, is why we don't take medication.

Enough of that. I will take my meds today, and eat and take a shower. It's that sterling of a day, now that my baby is safe in her new home. The dog, Max, is taking it very well, I must say. I said her name to him yesterday, and he alerted toward her crate, now silent and empty for the first time since March.

It's a day for the unicorn meat eating cats. The window has been open for them to roam for about 2 hours now. They have been leaping in and out with practiced ease, and I have no fear that Pancake will somehow imitate them and be lost. She is now safe, as an indoor cat can be. I do miss the small, hurtling bodies* throwing themselves around the apartment, but it's now Happy Hour for the adults that are left...

I gain weight steadily, due to the Abilify. I adjust my eating habits and up my exercise, and still the weight problem looms. I need to find a formula for it...the Mediterranean diet, high fiber, whatever will work.  Believe me, if it were economically sound for me to eat nothing but fruit, I would do so. And I ponder on going Vegetarian.

The grass grows faster than I do. It has become coolish for this time of year, and meteorologists are calling for another derecho, in our area, and around Cleveland, OH. A derecho is the odd, weird storm that hit us last year about this time. We lost power for 3 days, and the temperatures were sweltering. But what a sky! And such a storm! Sky the color of a blood orange, with shooting stars that leaped out of the electrical transformers, as they blew, one by one, in a chain. The marvelous wind, my favorite element, swept first one way, and then another, strong gusts bent the trees.  The heat after the storm, melted faces, and made tears run from our foreheads...

I wonder if it's too early to call and see how Pancake is doing? 

*James Herriot











No comments:

Post a Comment