Sunday, June 16, 2013

Blue Room

I am despondent. I'm depressed. I'm blue. Yesterday a friend picked me up and took me to a magical place, with running water no less, and I couldn't wait to get away. "Look up" she said and the dizzying silence was filled with leaves, and the sound of a waterfall. But I retreated to her purple room, a bedroom in her house she naps in, and we talked.

Which I would choose of all the rooms I have been in: a purple room. With purple flowers on the wall, and a cool blanket chilling the heat wave going over me. A lazy day, with talk and animals, and leaves.

There are water days and leaf days, and sometimes the two come together. But I couldn't wait to get away. Back to my safe apartment, to the grey carpet and white walls, and pink and teal furniture. I needed the potted pothos on the stool, and the dark wood gleaming at me.

I needed the lavender and the impatiens, struggling in this season of derechos and heat. I needed the unicorn meat eating cats. I needed the memory of friends around me, the scent of lemon, the sound of water. I need my dog, snoring on the bed next to me. A trusting soul, that never trusted another. The day I decided to keep him? He had snuggled up under my arm and I felt him relax, completely and totally. I needed the dirty dishes in my sink and Pancake running around with my candy wrappers.

Write. A dear friend told me, write. It's so hard to write through these times, loved ones. But I am meeting you here today, in this room, to tell you I love you.

Let's talk.

1 comment:

  1. Write! Write! Write! you are not alone and others need to know that they are not alone!

    ReplyDelete