Friday, June 7, 2013

A Million Toys

in the world, and Pancake has to play with the computer.

And yes, I cheated by using an older picture, but you got it, right?

So I give her a dog toy, and the dog is jealous and takes it back, so I throw a candy wrapper...her spay date is today, so I will drop her off this morning for the big snip...she goes to her new parent next Tuesday.

I don't know what is going on. I have been having happy dreams, lately, and wake up in a good mood. It's absolutely refreshing. The reappearance of the pool seems to have something to do with it. And I have to say, that the Abilify is kicking in. It's a helluva choice: shorter, happier life, or longer, more miserable, paranoid one? Of course, there is not much sex in the happier life...psychotropic meds do that. But what the hell?

It seems, as with everything else, that in Nature, there are some trade-offs. So if I am happy and the apartment is a mess, and I get bigger than I was, so the hell what? There are worse things, dear Friends. Much worse.

I promised my brother, Marc, that I will watch the first two seasons of Game of Thrones, a show which has become his absolute passion. But I simply want to curl up on a couch and watch them all in one day. With my memory problems, it's the only way to go.

Speaking of: apparently a lot of bipolars have memory problems. I thought at first it was just the medications, but I have seen too many posts on Facebook pages to write it off to the meds. Sometimes, I cannot hold a simple conversation without forgetting how it started, or where it is going.

I know. For those of you out there who have bipolar, this may not be a news flash, but the agonizing tone of the questions on the mental health pages, reflect the importance that memory takes in our lives. Whereas, on the Abilify, I simply don't care anymore...do with that what you will.

I have just thrown a stick to the kitten, and the strength of the purrs indicate it will keep her occupied until I am ready to crate her. She positively levitates with the volume sometimes.  I can follow her progress from one room to the next by it. And, she's a carrier. You know, one of those cats who picks things up in their mouths, and carries them. She can carry a dog toy farther than any cat I have known except for Texas, my Dad's cat, who would carry a crumpled, empty cigarette pack, and fetch it, too.

If my post seems more random today, that's the influence of the weather. For a multitude of years, the weather has determined our comings and goings, and to think it is not as important today is silly.

Someone wrote me that today, this weather seems like fall. I think she is right, and I am enjoying that quality. The light is not at all the same, but the cooler temperatures, and the almost misty mornings, with the heavy dew, is delightful. But the air does not have that sweetness, it takes on in fall. Nor does the light go lemony with nostalgia that is sweeter than any air I know, except for the Isle of Skye.

And, does everyone realize that we are approaching the last season of Burn Notice?





No comments:

Post a Comment