Monday, July 16, 2012

Water of Life

I am late this morning. Sorry about that. I woke up at my usual time, but I was delayed writing by the piece of cake that ran into me and jumped into my mouth last night. It's that NPR (National Public Radio) time of morning: coffee and dogs and the real news of the day...

Can't believe how well Neville Longbottom turned out, can you? Have you seen the picture of the adult Neville? Usually I go for Slytherin, but his pic is enough to make me turn to the side of Light...

As for the cats, they are happily hunting this morning, but it has been a long time since I have heard the desperate squeaking sound moving around in the dark of the apartment that means another hapless creature will have to be caught and released into the wild again. The cats go wild when I do this...but I feel it my duty. I can't stop the cats. After all, that's why cats were domesticated, but I can lessen the impact on Mother Nature in my small corner of the world...

We are getting some rain in this small corner, which the tomatoes and zinnia need in order to sing. And the ground must be happy and well satisfied before the humming starts. I think the cukes (cucumbers) are a no go this year, as well as the squash.

I am missing the Pond and the night sounds encouraged therein. Don't get me wrong. I don't want to swim in the Pond, but I love the look and sounds and smell of a Pond. I know, I know, I did enough kvetching about the Pond, but that was because I had to clean it. But now that the Pond is the Pool, I am glad just to be situated near any body of water. I think that being near water makes humans happier, naturally, than any other geographic design. After all, we come from water, we are made, mostly, of water, and we need it to live. How strange can it be that we like to be near it, or that the sound of it makes us wax poetic?

And, for me specifically, water is a main component of coffee. I could mainline the stuff.

I hope your day starts near a body of water, and that you have the resources to partake of it, in whichever way makes you happy. As for me, I am off for more coffee...