Thursday, August 8, 2013

Every Ordinary Day

I have the ginger candle lit this morning. Yes, the window is open, and the dog sleeps. All of the good and stable things in my life are here again, this morning. It's sheer mercy that I have a place to stay, with my animals around me.

Well, it's sheer luck anyway. If mercy ran the world, people wouldn't be homeless in the first place. I don't know my higher Power's role in the world, but I suspect Deists are somewhat correct in their view. That is that: a god or creator has set the world in motion, and lets humankind run it as they will, as a watch is wound, set, and runs.

The problem is that Deism denies supernatural intervention. And I have had supernatural things happen to me. What to think? I think the answer lies somewhat in the fact that we do not understand ourselves, much less understanding the creator of the universe.

I don't think there is an answer that we can understand.

I enjoy this quiet morning, with the sounds of crickets and frogs. There is no moon tonight, because of the clouds. All this rain makes me wonder what kind of winter we will have. It has been quiet, without all the turmoil of last week. It seems to be true autumn, now. But as I have said before, we will see.

All the cats are awake now, and the window is a busy hub. I hate to let them out when the rabbits are out eating, but there is no better time to open the window for them. And no safer time, to be sure.

I love the convenience of where I live, now, just moments from Downtown. But I miss the rolling hills of the Old House. I know the cats miss it. I wonder what they did when confronted by a turkey? Now they have cars and neighbors who prefer dogs, in general.

But the dark follows them here, and provides good cover for them to hunt. There is nothing more in my world to provide musings for. While it may make for dull reading, I am so happy to have nothing serious to report in this post.

Wait 5 minutes...

No comments:

Post a Comment