Monday, January 31, 2011

What Do You Think?

I am now a foster home for a dog. A small Labrador retriever puppy, named Blackberry. He is the first runner up in the search for a new service animal. He is amazingly cute, even to a curmudgeon-in-training like myself. And in a Pirate of the Carribean Johnny Depp sort of way, too. He is currently engaged in destroying what little in the house the cats have not barfed on.

So we have moved on to Mill Mountain Coffee in Daleville, VA. He is posing for his LAP calendar picture, and Mike and Olivia are working tonight. Ryan left earlier. It's nice to be surrounded by gleaming yet beat up floors and shiny wood tables. The coffee is the only thing I can taste over my stuffed up nose.

I am watching what is going on in Egypt, along with the rest of the known universe. I have several friends from Cairo, ex-pats, and visited there in 2002. Cairo is sin city for the Arab world, and I have seen the poverty up close. The economy stinks there; just as it does in other places where people have rioted: Greece, France, etc. As America gets poorer and poorer I am waiting and watching.

Times, they are a changing. I feel as if I am caught in a Bob Dylan song. And, as poor as I am, I am eating cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment