Sunday, November 7, 2010

Not Again

I have finally watched Brokeback Mountain and I can honestly say that I am glad I didn't pay to see it. Despite the numerous awards it won, I kept waiting for the plot to emerge. The only one I could find a trace of is a timeline of homophobia from the '60's to the '80's. It was a beautifully made movie, and the actors were fantastic, but the reviewers kept asking the actors if they were afraid of being "labeled" as a result of their roles. Being labeled as what? Actors? Maybe someone would wander into the theater and NOT know it was a movie they were looking at or that movies are make-believe?

Megan changed the name of the chicken she named 'Original Recipe' to "Peanut Butter.' So now she has two chickens: Peanut Butter and Extra Crispy.

I'm sure she knows about the time I tried to change her diaper. She was about one year old, tottering around, excited to be able to walk. She had to have a diaper change and Aunt Alise volunteered. Once I got her diaper open, with all the steaming contents, RIGHT THERE, I changed my mind, but it was too late. I threw up all over her, the wall, the changing table, etc. I try not to think of it now that she is twelve years old, but I still have nightmares about it. She was baptized in true Stewart fashion, although her mother didn't see anything remotely funny about it. Maybe it's a Scottish Thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment