Friday, June 26, 2015

The Quiet Rain

It's raining today, one of my favorite things. Although Max, the dog, was disappointed at our morning walk. He doesn't like being wet. It has been a week of auroral storms, rain, record heat, and kitten. El Nino brings strange things, sometimes.

The kitten, Blue, has never experienced a thunderstorm before. He was laying in the window when I went in about 3 this morning. We watched the thunder roll and the rain fall. I told him he would see this many times in his life. I told him I would think about him when the next storm rolled through. And every storm after.

It's not easy to foster. I want to keep him, but he is destined for some exotic life in Northern Virginia. Maybe they will have all white furnishings, and have the Nanny feed him. It's more than I can give. He get cans of food in a bowl I have had for a long time. He loves the stuffed lion I have and cuddles it when I pet him. Will he have a stuffed toy waiting?

The dog Max, and the unicorn meat eating cats, Georgia and Ratty, howl at me when I 'visit' the kitten. He is in isolation, because of his upper respiratory infection. They want to be near me. They want their room back.

But outside is beautiful this morning. The sun won't rise today. But it's there. There are beautiful cats and kittens and dogs at the local shelter. Like this Siamese, they only want love and some food. Please visit the shelter today. You don't know what you're missing.


No comments:

Post a Comment