Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Ordinary Day

Still chilly out today. If I am not awake when I strap Max, the dog, into his harness, I certainly am after a vigorous walk around the block. Today is group therapy day. It's a lot like rehashing your life and all the terrible things that have happened, combined with a class about how to deal with it. It drains. The only reason I go back is the other women, some of whom are now dear friends. It's not the journey, it's the people you take it with...

Ratty has determined that the best time to love on me, is when the laptop opens. He lies under my right arm, almost 'standing' on his head, to take advantage of this time when I am, for all practical purposes, immobile. It's not so bad once I get used to it...I have to blow off the keyboard every once in a while, and scratch his head. But other than that...

My new medication, Risperdal, is certainly helping me to sleep well. As I have said in previous blog posts, I am very happy right now, but I know there is another side to that coin.

There is a blue band of sky behind the trees in the distance, and sun on the mountains. There is a promise of warmth from the robins' song. There are few winters anymore in this small valley, that are so cold that the robins leave. I don't know where they went during the Arctic blasts we have been hosting, but they are back, and twitter and chirp in the branches of the forsythia. I have no garden this year, but plan a container garden. Of course there will be a geranium or two, and I will have to find a window planter for some zinnia...




No comments:

Post a Comment